- The amount of water thinner TW80 is included in the colour recipe.
- Always check the colour by making a spray-out sample before applying on definite object.
- Use a spray gun that is only used for waterbased base coats and no other products.
- HVLP/LVLP spray guns give a better result then the conventional spray gun (less air entrapment). It also saves material.
- Always use paint strainers that are suitable for waterbased products like nylon filtermaterial. The paint strainer glue has to be water resistant and the strainer has to have a minimal mesh size of 125 micron.
- Don’t use a internal paint filter in the spray gun.
- To prevent settling of the waterbased products it is advisable to clean the spray gun directly after use.
Remove the air cap, nozzle and paint cup and rinse everything thoroughly with water
The technical data in these publications are based on our present knowledge and give you an idea of the various applications without obligations. [mei-05]
- Apply a mist coat. This layer is primarily used as a control layer for the substrate. At this stage, you can still take repair measures. The mist coat must be blown dry using the spray gun or a venturi system.
- Spray two coats wet on wet till the entire area is coverd. Spray a coverage test card. Then use the venturi to blow the area dry, if necessary at an increased temperature of 35° C.
- For solid colours, this is the final step.
- For effect colours, you should apply an additional final layer. This final layer is a mist (drop) coat, wich determines the colour and effect. The spray distance with respect to the object is 50 to 60 cm. The coat should cover the surface entirely, but should not be too wet and should not flow (spray pressure 1 bar)
- Blow the surface dry using the venturi at a temperature of 35 °C.
SPOTREPAIR AND FADE-OUT TECHNIQUES
- To make a spotrepair the following steps are important:
• Spray the repair spot with thin layers till covered. (spray pressure 1-1.5 bar)
• Blow dry and tack off between the layers, avoid overspray.
• Spray the repair spot with thin overlapping layers and gradually fade-out.
(spray pressure 1-1.5 bar)
- To make a fade-out into the adjacent panel follow the same steps as mentioned under spray technique.
Avoid finishing the fade-out as a straight line by fading-out diagonally across the panel; this will give a better end result.
- The Octobase ECO needs to be fully dried before applying the clear coat. This process can be accelerated by increasing the temperature in the spraying booth and/or using venturies.
- ATTENTION..! Keep enough distance between the venturies and the object when drying.